Xiaomi recently launched its new Android One smartphone ‘ Mi A3 ‘ in the Indian market with a starting price of Rs. 12,999. The Xiaomi Mi A3 comes in three different colours, More than white, Kind of Grey, and Not just Blue. Here I have the unboxing and first impressions of this new smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi A3 full specification
- Android 9.0 Pie (Stock Android)
- 6.08-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display with 102.7% NTSC colour gamut(1560 x 720 pixels), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile chipset (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1 storage) / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1 storage), expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Infrared sensor
- 4030mAh battery with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
- Dimensions: 156.48×71.85×8.47mm; Weight: 173.8g
- Phone Unit
- Semi black protective case
- USB Type-C charging cable
- 2-pin charger (5V-2A)
- SIM Ejector tool
- User manual and warranty information
The major change in the MI A3 compared to the Mi A2 is the triple camera setup. It has a 48MP primary rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture and 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size and f/2.4 aperture. And the good thing is that the camera part also has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection to prevent scratches.
The Mi A3 comes with 6.08-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 102.7% NTSC colour gamut. Compared to the normal LED display, the AMOLED display is bright and offers good colour reproduction. But the content is not crisp compared to the FHD+ screen since the pixel density is just 282 PPI. The screen is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
It still has the waterdrop notch that houses the 32-megapixel camera. The proximity and ambient light sensors are present on the bezel along with the notification LED in the top left corner.
It is powered by Snapdragon 665 11nm chipset with 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM and has 64GB/128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage. Yes, the UFS 2.1 storage is really faster than normal storage option. It also has 7th generation in-display fingerprint scanner same as the K20. It is good and is slightly faster than the other phones in the same price range.
The phone has a 3D glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. You can easily see the Xiaomi and Android One branding on the back. The back doesn’t get scratched easily but attracts fingerprints. It also offers a holographic effect when light hits at certain angles.
The power button and volume buttons are present on the right, and Hybrid Dual SIM is present on the left. On the bottom, there is a speaker grill, USB Type-C port and the primary microphone. The 3.5mm audio jack and an Infrared sensor present on the bottom.
It comes with 4030 mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging using an 18W fast charger, but still, company ship this phone with 10W charger in the box.