Xiaomi’s Redmi brand Redmi has silently launched the Redmi G Gaming Notebook 2021 edition in China, as a successor to its last year’s model. It comes with Intel and AMD variants. Both variants offer a 16.1-inch FHD 144Hz display, up to 16 GB of RAM, and RTX 3060 graphics.
Redmi G 2021 specifications
The new Redmi GO 2021 features a 16.1-inch Full HD screen with a 144Hz refresh rate. The Intel-powered variant is powered by Intel’s latest i5-11260H chipset, which is accompanied by 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and 512GB
On the other side, the AMD powered variant is loaded with a Ryzen 7 5800 chipset and 16 GB of RAM. For storage, it also offers 512 GB NVMe SSD. Both models come with Windows 10, and they will get Windows 11 Update soon.
Both gaming laptops come with NVIDIA RTX 3050 / 3060 graphics cards and also features Hurricane Cooling 3.0 with dual 12V big fans, five all-copper heat pipes and four outlets for expelling heat.
The Redmi G 2021 laptop comes with WiFi-6 and Bluetooth 5.1 support, and a range of connectivity options, including supports up to three 4K screens at the same time. It also has a full-size backlit keyboard, Xiao AI smart assistant, Thunderbolt 4, USB-C, and support for the Xiaomi game box.
Pricing and availability
- Redmi G 2021 Intel i5-11260H/16GB/512GB SSD/RTX 3050— 5699 yuan (64900 Rs approx.)
- Redmi G 2021 AMD Ryzen 7 5800H/16GB/512GB SSD/RTX 3060— 6999 yuan (79800 Rs approx.)
Redmi G (2021) specifications
- 16.1-inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, 178-degree wide viewing angle, 100% sRGB colour gamut, 300 nits brightness
- Intel i5-11260H CPU with up to 4.4GHz clock speed, NVIDIA RTX 3050 GPU
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with up to 4.4GHz clock speed, NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Windows 10, upgradable to Windows 11
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1
- 2 x USB A 3.2 (Gen2), 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB Type-C (1 x Thunderbolt 4 in Intel), 1 x HDMI, 1x Mini DP 1.4 (5K 60Hz output), 3.5mm audio / mic jack, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1MP HD webcam, digital array microphone
- 1.5mm High Key Professional Backlit Keyboard
- 2W x 2 speakers, 7.1-channel DTS:X Ultra
- 180W (Intel) / 230W (AMD) charger, 100W USB-PD charging