MI Wifi Repeater 2 Full Review
The Xiaomi recently launched its latest MI Wifi repeater 2 in India with price tag Rs.990. Currently, It available only on Mi.in and Banglore Mi home store. It specially designed to improve the quality of the wireless internet in your house. Here you find every minor detail about this device with How to connect guide. Read this full article and know if it is worth buying.
- 300 Mbps Transmission Speed
- Dual PCB antenna
- Connect up to 16 devices
- Compatible with all router brand
Design & Build
On the design front, it looks stylish and compact. It looks like mini USB dongle, but very thin compare to a dongle. It is made of soft-touch white plastic. The USB port is 180-degree rotatable for a more comfortable position.
On the front side, it has an MI Logo, LED indicator light, and reset button. It also comes with ‘ Wifi+’ slogan on the back side. The dimension of Mi Wifi repeater is just 13 cm long, 4 cm wide and 1 cm depth. The weight is 50g only.
Function and features
The MI Wifi repeater 2 is easily paired with any Wifi router with 3 steps. It has two high-performance inbuilt PCB antennas to expand the signal range and boost downloading speed. It can also help you auto select optimal Wi-fi channels for faster download speed. The Mi wifi repeater comes with 300 Mbps transmission Speed, quite good compared to other wifi extenders in this price range. The best part of this Mi expander, it has the capability to connect 16 devices at the same time.
The MI Wifi repeater 2 is ideal for your duplex and 4BHK house. Here I share a screenshot of speed test with existing normal Wifi router and Mi Wifi repeater 2. I tested these two different signals at the same place, time and device.
How to Setup?
- First, connect Mi wifi repeater to the power source (Orange LED light)
- Download MI Home App for Android and iOS
- Sign in or Sign up using Mi account
- Press the Plus icon, top right side of the home APP.
- Now you can see MI wifi repeater in the device section. If you don’t see, then please select manually
- Select the wifi name from the list and enter a Password
- Within 1 minute your Wifi repeater ready for connection
- Blue indicator light displaying shows successfully paired
- You can also change Wifi Name and password in the setting menu, By default password is same as your router password and name: your Wifiname_Plus.
- Please watch my review video for more info.