Back in April, search engine giant Google confirmed that it will introduce the Pixel 5a 5G later this year, but said that it will be limited to the US and Japanese markets. A Bloomberg report in June revealed that the phone will launch in August. Now, a new FronPage report reveals that the Pixel 5a will be launched on August 26th ahead of the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro launch in the fall.
This report also reveals the specifications of the new Pixel 5a and says that it will feature the same camera specifications as last year’s Pixel 5.
Google Pixel 5a 5G rumoured specs:
- Android 11, upgradable to Android 12
- 6.4-inch FHD+ OLED 90Hz HDR display with 2340 x 1080 pixels
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 765G with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12.2MP rear camera (f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, OIS) + 16MP 107° Ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with 84° ultra-wide lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 5G SA/NA 4G VoLTE, Dual SIM (nano + eSIM), Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Water and dust resistance (IP67), 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- 4650mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Google Pixel 5a Price & Availability
The Google Pixel 5a 5G is expected to be available in Mostly Black color, and is rumored to be priced at $450 (33,500 Rs approx.) compared to the $349 price tag of the Pixel 4a, but it is surprising that the new Pixel 5a will be cheaper than the Pixel 4a 5G model, even though this it will reportedly feature a high refresh rate screen and a bigger battery. There is no official confirmation about the India launch, yet.
- Pixel 6 And Pixel 6 Pro Will Be Powered By Tensor SoC
- Motorola Edge 20 pro, Edge 20, and Edge 20 Lite Announced