After numerous teasers in the last two weeks, Xiaomi finally launched the Redmi 10 in the Malaysian market. The smartphone is expected to reach other markets soon. The new Redmi 10 is priced at US$ 179 (13300 Rs approx.) for 4GB + 64GB variant , US$ 199 (14785 approx.) for 4GB + 128GB variant, and US$ 219 (16270 Rs approx.) for the 6GB + 128GB version and will roll out starting from August 20th.
The Redmi 10 comes with a 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution and Adaptive-Sync 90Hz (45/60/90Hz) refresh rate. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G88 chipset paired with 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of inbuilt storage.
It runs on the latest Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 on the top. On the lens department, it has a 50MP primary sensor, a first of its kind in its category, accompanied by an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. For selfies and video calls, there is an 8MP front sensor.
The phone also gets a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and AI face unlock along with a 3.5mm headphone jack and dual speakers. In the battery department, the Redmi 10 comes with a 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support. However, the Redmi will also bundle a 22.5W fast charger in the box.
Redmi 10 Specifications
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS LCD screen with 2400 x 1080 pixels resolutions, 90Hz adaptive refresh rate, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G88 with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) expandable memory with microSD
- 50MP primary lens (f/1.8 aperture, LED flash) + 8MP ultra-wide sensor (f/2.2 aperture) + 2MP macro + 2MP depth sensor (f/2.4 aperture).
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, FM Radio
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
- Dimensions: 162 x 75.3 x 8.95mm
- Weight: 181g