Apple just announced the iPhone 12, the company’s latest iPhone, and iPhone 12 mini. Both iphones come with 5.4-inch and 6.1-inch OLED Super Retina XDR displays. The new iPhones come with the support of HDR and the Dolby Vision and also have the new Ceramic Shield protection with 4x better drop performance, Also thanks to the new high-temperature crystallisation step which will help to grow nano-ceramic crystals within the glass matrix. The new iPhone 12 is powered by A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 11.8 billion transistors and a 6-core design, also comes with the IP68 water resistance (6 meters for up to 30 minutes).
Design of the phone is textured matt glass back and the stainless steel body. It features 12MP main camera that promises 27% improvement in low-light performance compared to the iPhone 11 along with a 12MP ultra-wide secondary camera. For selfie, there is a 12MP camera on the front with support for Face ID. All the cameras now have night mode and there is a new night mode time-lapse feature.
Apple also introduced new magnetic wireless charging solution for its new iPhone 12 series, optimized for alignment and efficiency, that perfectly lets iPhone chargers snap right into place. It provides up to 15W of power, while still accommodating existing Qi-enabled devices.
- OS: iOS 14
- iPhone 12 Mini Display: 5.4-inch OLED 476ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, 2340×1080 pixels resolution, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 Display: 6.1-inch OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, 2532×1170 pixels up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- CPU: Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage
- Rear Camera: 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- Front Camera: 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Connectivity: 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, NFC with reader mode, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS
- Extra: TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers, MagSafe wireless charging
- Battery: up to 15 hours battery backup
- 12 mini Dimensions: 131.5×64.2×7.4mm
- 12 mini Weight: 133grams
- iPhone 12 Dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.4mm
- iPhone 12 Weight: 162grams
Pricing and availability
- iPhone 12 64GB – 79,900 Rs
- iPhone 12 128GB – 84,900 Rs
- iPhone 12 256GB – 94,900 Rs
- iPhone 12 mini 64GB – 69,900 Rs
- iPhone 12 mini 128GB – 74,900 Rs
- iPhone 12 mini 256GB – 84,900 Rs
The iPhone 12 will be available through Apple Authorized Resellers and online store in India starting from October 30th and the iPhone 12 mini will be available from November 13th.