Full Review Of Mi Pocket Speaker 2
Xiaomi Recently launched its latest portable Bluetooth speaker ‘ Mi Pocket Speaker 2 ‘ in India with price tag Rs.1499. Speaking of which, today I will be reviewing this speaker. So read this article and know everything about this portable speaker that you should know before buying it.
The box packaging is very simple on the lines of the other Xiaomi products. Inside the box, you will get user manual and the Bluetooth speaker itself. You will not get the charging cable with this speaker, so you will need separate micro USB cable in case if you are an iPhone user. More info Please watch a full Unboxing video on my Youtube channel Geekman.
- Max Output: 5W
- Frequency Range: 180Hz -18KHz
- Impedance: 4Ω
- Bluetooth Range: 10m
- Bluetooth version: 4.1
- Battery: 1200 mAH
- Playback Time: 7 hours
- Charging Time: 3 hours
- Input: 5V/1A
- Warranty: 6 months
Design & Build
On the design front, the Mi pocket speaker 2 looks very beautiful. It will definitely win your heart. The design of this Mi speaker is a perfect combination of size and shape. I didn’t see such a modern design in any other Bluetooth speaker, until now.
The colour combination is also good. I bought black & dark grey colour variant for review, but if you don’t like this colour, then don’t worry you also have white & silver colour options.
It’s not only good looking but build quality is also the prime point. The speaker uses a two-stage design. The top part is made of aluminium and second half is made of ABS+PC. Which gives the very premium feel to this speaker.
The best part of the design is that there are no any buttons. Yes, as you might see in the pictures, there are no buttons at all. The LED indicator light and micro USB charging port are only things you found on the body of this speaker.
The audio output comes from the top of the cylindrical body, as you see in the picture. The top half acts as a dial as well as a button. You can also see the markings for volume controls that show how to move the dial to plus or minus the volume. Overall, I am quite happy with the design and build quality of this Mi Pocket speaker 2.
Control & Connection
In this section, I will explain how to connect or control Mi pocket speaker 2
- Long press the top section (2-3 seconds) and you’ll see the blue light blinking with a notification sound. This means that the speaker is on ready to connect with your device. You can also turn off the speaker with the same process.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth of your device (Laptop, Smartphone, TV) and pair the speaker.
- Once connected, you’ll see the blinking blue light on the notification LED and also get ‘device successful connected’ female voice notification.
- As I said earlier, you turn the dial clockwise to increase the volume and anti-clockwise to decrease it.
- You can anytime connect or disconnect the speaker with the double press.
- This Mi Bluetooth speaker also comes with a microphone, so you can attend incoming call without touching your smartphone. With the single press, you can answer the call. Press the knob twice for rejecting the call.
- You can also play/pauses the soundtrack with a single press.
The battery performance of this speaker is really good. It comes with 1200 mAH battery which can easily last up to 6 hours.
You can charge this speaker with any smartphone charger (5V/1A). It requires approx 3 hours to full charge, but actual charging time depends on your adapter.
The LED light turns a constant red when it charging. When it’s charged completely, the LED light turns blue. If you notice LED light blinking red, means your speaker have very low power.
Coming on to the audio performance, the Mi Pocket Speaker 2 offers a very decent and clear audio considering its compact design. The vocal and treble sound of this speaker is really good. But the bass sound is not so impressive. It’s pretty decent but I feel the lows could have been better and thumper. So if you are bass lover then this speaker is not the ideal choice for you.
What we really liked about the speaker is the fact that even at the full volume; the audio quality does not get distorted, which is not the case for speakers at this price point. If the speaker works well at high volume without any distortion, it means you are dealing with a very good speaker.
The speaker is loud enough to keep everyone in the room in tune with the music, but It’s not more effective in outdoor use because audio output is not so high.
Overall, I am highly impressed with this speaker. This speaker is an ideal choice for who looking for a portable Bluetooth speaker with premium design, solid build, long playback time and decent audio quality. You can easily improve your laptop and phone’s audio with this Mi speaker. And it also helps to make your desk more stylish and modern.
Pros & Cons
- Beautiful Design
- Good build quality
- Vocal and treble sound is really good
- Clear audio
- Inbuilt microphone
- 6-7 hours playback time
- Good sound surrounding
- Easy to use
- Not for Bass lover
- Audio output is a little bit low
Buy now: Mi.com