Get Verified on Twitter in 2021: For the past few weeks, we have been seeing quite some reports around Twitter relaunching its verification program. For those unaware, Twitter had stopped its verification process back in 2017 following the outrage over the verification of the profile of white supremacists. Although the social media giant had confirmed to relaunch its verification program back in January 2021, it did not happen. But the recent evidence indicates that the new process for Twitter Verification is just around the corner.
Researcher and reverse engineering expert Jane Manchun Wong revealed various features that are making their way to Twitter. One such feature that has caught everyone’s attention is the company’s new verification form. Wong has shared the screengrabs of the entire verification process. While Wong is not associated with Twitter, the aforementioned process is confirmed by multiple sources.
The most exciting thing about the new verification process is that you need not upload the government-issued ID anymore. Instead, you will get to choose from the official email address or the official website making most of the real accounts eligible for the verification.
While everyone was eagerly waiting for the new verification process to land soon, Twitter took it to its official blog (web archive) last night confirming the verification process is open. While we at Geekman tried to find the new form, but we ended up not finding it anywhere. Wong confirmed in another tweet that “It doesn’t necessarily mean the new verification program has officially opened, but it’s close to open.” But within a few minutes, Twitter has just retracted the “You can now apply for verification” box and reverted it back to the old one.
But, from where we see it, Twitter verification is just around the corner and it might restart anytime now. Now, if you are wondering how you can get the blue tick verification on your Twitter, well, follow the below-mentioned process.
How to Get Verified on Twitter in 2021
Before you start make sure that your profile is in public. Your Twitter handle must include your real name, birthdate, and Bio must contain the basic information about you. For brands or organizations, a similar thing goes. The organization’s name and website address are mandatory. For both personal and business/organization accounts, you will need to use a real photo or your logo as a profile picture. With us said, let us dive into the process of getting blue-tick verification on Twitter in 2021, shall we?
- Open Twitter on the web or Android/iOS and navigate to the Settings page.
- On this page, you can find the Request Verification option. Click and choose that option.
- Now, you will get to see the Verification request page. Click and choose the Start Request button.
- In the Tell us who you are section, you will have to choose the category which suits you the best. Selection of the category could be a one-time thing. So choose carefully.
- Next up, Account Qualifications. Here, you must pick one method and prove that your account qualifies for verification. This is an important step. If you are a journalist or a media person and if your works are featured in any reputable news publications, you can select the News coverage option. Or if you are an entrepreneur and got your PR articles done in major publications, choose the Official leadership website. If you have a Wikipedia article on you, go ahead with that option.
- In the next step, you must verify your identity. Like mentioned earlier, you need not upload the government-issued ID anymore. Instead, you will get to choose from the official email address or the official website as well.
- Lastly, you can review everything and click on Submit.
- In a few seconds, you shall be notified or informed of the status. That is it. This is how you can Get Verified on Twitter in 2021.